Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-01-2008, 05:08 AM
washes away...

Blood in the Bay

I recently shot a short creature horror film in my home state of maryland. I am in the editing process. If you have a second go to www.myspace.com/thebloodinthebay and add the page. I have set pics and some screen shots to get a feel of the film. I am trying to create a website, but I have no web designing skills so that could be a while. If anyone is interested in the process and art of filmmaking, please hit me up.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Can you dig it ?

Spam under any name or time is still spam, Leland. Therefore your movie still sucks. YOU still suck. It doesn't take much to wipe you and your weak movie wannabe premise off everyone's minds. "Bitchslap" is the name.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:04 AM
washes away...

I guess I am a spammer

yeah.. but, at least thing time I am not asking for money.. Like I said before I was going to shoot my film no matter what, and I did it.. So as a fellow filmmaker I hope you can at least appreciate that. It was a tough four day shoot 14 hour plus days, but we got it done and I think the look of the short is nice and I know I missed a lot of story during the shoot, but I am hoping to make it up in the editing room..

check out the music video I cut together using footage for Blood in the Bay and tell me what you think.. Mr. S. I am guessing, you are not going to like it, but screw it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3d-TInqTRg
Old 11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
whatever gets you through

give me 100 bucks and i'll add your page
Old 11-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Can you dig it ?

In all fairness, I did watch it. Some interesting camerawork and locations, but the song is awful. The video doesn't go anywhere (much like the song it's cut to) and it comes off uneven. Nice buildup, but after the pull focus shot of the girl walking across the lot and the guy filling the gas tank checks her out, it becomes a home video of a picnic or such. It's as if you (or whoever) lost interest during editing halfway through. Can't blame them. Overall, not impressed. You asked. I responded.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:33 AM
washes away...

yeah.. that video was just to show some of the footage to people that was in the movie and to get clients for more music videos, which has happened.. I understand that the story is incomplete, but hey I did it in 40 mins.. Here is a music video for the actual movie.. even though this is still pretty much 78% done.. The song isn't mastered, but it will give you a sense of the tone of the movie..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUxhkuGcJRI