Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Evil Dead

Those "Don't" movies

I wonder why they stopped making the Don't movies?

There was:

Don't Go in the Woods (1982)- Clearly one of the best out of these. Campers going into the woods for camping fun who are stalked by a crazy hobo killer. A sheriff who is too serious. Effective sound effects. Silly but funny quotes. And of course the newlyweds, Dick and Cherry.:D

Don't Look in the Basement (1976)- A run-down mental institution in the middle of nowhere. A new nurse arrives just days upon the killing of Dr. Stevens by one of the crazed patients. Claudia Jennings stars as the new nurse showing up for an assistant position on a rainy evening. The other doctor, Dr. Masters who seems hesitant about giving her the job. Then stuff starts to happen, the sounds of the nutty patients being heard yelling among the dark halls. And the old woman scouring the premises, scaring Jennings by telling her stories of little green men in the field. I mean, what does she expect, she works in the psycho ward after all!. Crazy and gory twist at the end, revealing who the killer is.

Don't Go in the House (1980)-This one's a bit too rough for my taste. Not exactly a movie to watch for a movie party. It's rather dark about a twisted serial killer stalking women. The stalking doesn't end there, of which I found it barely watchable.

Don't Open the Window( 1972)- One of the best zombies movies, quite unknown for this alternate title, but rather popular for the actual title "Let the Sleeping Corpes Lie".

Don't Go Near the Park- (1982)- Linnea Quigley

Don't Answer the Phone- (1980)- This should be categorized as a true sleaze film. Again, about a psycho who stalks women. I think there's some creepy calling in that one too, which to me seems the only thing watchable about this one.

Don't Open the Door (1975)- Quite vague since I haven't seen this for years. A creepy little flick about odd happenings. This used to sit in the video section and the video sleeve box was huge! Seemingly as I recall, it appears this film is a cross between Don't Look in the Basement and Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.

Don't Go to Sleep 1982)- A supernatural made- for- TV movie starring Dennis Weaver and Valerie Harper. About a couple who moves into a house where some sort of accident happened to someone. Their 6 year old daughter starts having tea parties with her imaginary ghost friend of which her parents find it's more of a problem.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
you sure make a lot of threads.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 AM
Whip In My Valise

There's also Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (1973)

And this classic:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6803Gu8tpuw
Old 07-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Evil Dead

I make a lot of threads, sure, yeah, but isn't that what we are here for?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Evil Dead

Others here make quite a few threads themselves, so why is it a problem when I create threads?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Hellraiser

wow i've never seen any of these, will have to find them soon. thanks for the synopses for the movies, they sound pretty cool.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Heaven for the climate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowEyes84 View Post
Others here make quite a few threads themselves, so why is it a problem when I create threads?
I believe she is fucking with you ;)
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Cranky

There's also

Don't Go Near the Water
Don't Drink the Water

I was really looking forward to Don't Open the Ketchup but it got cancelled at the last minute and is now lingering in "development hell."

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 07-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Midnight toker

More recently there's Don't go into the attic aka Devil's Harvest (2003) British horror with Brian Blessed. :eek:
Old 07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Evil Dead

Depending on where you are, you may be able to find those easily, and great deals on those. They should make a DVD compilation dedicated to just Don't Movies in particular.

And thanks, I enjoy writing synopsis as well as lengthy reviews.