Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:26 AM
For Vendetta

Warm Bodies

Director Jonathan Levine’s cancer comedy “50/50” must have honchos quite happy over at Summit; the studio would be behind his existential zombie movie, “Warm Bodies,” and the casting on this one continues to be on a par with that of his recent effort for them.

Variety reports that go-to thespian John Malkovich will be joining the film, which is based on a book by Isaac Maron of the same name.

The story follows a male zombie, played by the affable Nicholas Hoult, who starts a dangerous relationship with one of his victim’s girlfriends.

That girlfriend will be played by “I Am Number Four” star Teresa Palmer, and the film also features the previously announced comedic presence of Rob Corddry. Malkovich will naturally be filling the role of the film’s villain, a general hell-bent on the destruction of zombies.

It certainly is a take on zombies we haven’t seen before, and Levine has proven he has some skills behind the camera with “All the Boys Love Mandy Lane” and “The Wackness,” so perhaps he’ll do right by Maron’s source material. The cast is stellar, no getting around that, and perhaps this is Malkovich’s reparation to audiences who had to suffer through his brief but godawful performance in “Transformers: Dark of the Moon.”

No word yet on a release date, but the film is gearing up to shoot this month, according to a recent interview The Playlist conducted with Levine.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Little Boo

Yeah, I heard about this book. I am one of the book reviewers for Buyzombie.com and we were sent an advanced copy of this book for review(luckily, I wasn't the reviewer who was picked to review this), and I got to say, the idea of zombies falling in love...makes me weep for the genre. Sure, it might be new...but isn't this riding on the coattails of Twilight and they are hoping to reap some of the same benefits?

The whole concept for Warm Bodies makes me laugh...it's essentially a novel based around necrophilia.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:35 AM
Scares Little Kids

It's such a great title "Warm Bodies" I wish I thought of that.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 PM
FYFJoe

Warm Bodies Trailer

Pretty interesting take on the Zombie genre...

unless of course you consider the zombie "epic" World War Z...

Sort of reminds me of the movie "Colin" except with a budget.

http://www.followingyourfears.com/20...bodies-trailer

"FollowingYourFears.com"
Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 AM
HDC Idol

Just saw this trailer this weekend. Looks like it could be potentially very good or just awful. Even though I'm a little burned out on zombies, I hope it's the former.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Closed Thread