Old 01-24-2015, 01:53 AM
Hellraiser

Horror on the High Seas: Classic Weird Sea Tales

HORROR ON THE HIGH SEAS: CLASSIC WEIRD SEA TALES
Selected by David A. Sutton.

Paperback and Kindle editions available.

The oceans have long been places of danger, mystery and horror. From ancient times there has been the terror that a trip might lead to edge of the world and the nameless place beyond its edge. There have been the strange lights of St. Elmo’s Fire. The sunken cities of Atlantis and Lyonesse. The Sargasso sea entrapping ships. The Bermuda Triangle. And within the ocean’s depths sea creatures both real and unreal. The great white whale in Moby Dick and the giant octopus in Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. The oceans beckon us... and repel us. And storytellers have used the sea as a basis for ghost and horror stories down the centuries.In this anthology there are stories about phantom ships and their phantom sailors, weird encounters with spirits, a vengeful sea sprite, and even an amusing yarn about a sea serpent. So, readers, take a passage with us to the weird realms of the benighted oceans!

Includes fiction by William Hope Hodgson, W. W. Jacobs, Warren Armstrong and others. Available in paperback and Kindle editions. Check the website for more information.

Horror on the High Seas information and ordering:
http://www.shadowpublishing.webeasys...hadow9_017.htm
Old 01-25-2015, 06:55 AM
Horror Fan

Thumbs up

I like this theme. Send me a hard copy and I'll do a review on goodreads, amazon, etc.

Tags
anthology, classics, horror book anthology, sea stories