Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 10-25-2014, 02:11 AM
ventricle

Sculpt's Live Radio Show, Headphone Trips: Halloween Special

I'd like to cordially invite you all to listen to my live on-air radio show this Monday night for the Halloween Horror Special show.

My weekly live radio show is called Headphone Trips, it broadcasts locally on-air in Carbondale, IL (& has live internet feed). This Monday only, will be our Horror show. Headphone Trips is, like the name suggests, an audio trip into the imagination. With sound collage, I mix together audio clips from film, TV, radio, interviews, standup, original skits, commercial & sometimes original music, often in a psychedelic format. It's themed based, but often stream-of-consciousness. I'm Greg E, & with my co-host (Franky D), we have a quiz for the show's subject, Franky D has a segment, & we often have many quick (humorous) interviews from local people about the show's subject.

This Monday, of course, we'll start with our Horror film quiz. The show will have an audio trip through Horror film, music & other sources.

Headphone Trips: Halloween Special (Facebook Link)
Monday October 27th
10pm CT (to 12am)
WDBX 91.5 FM

How to Listen Over Internet:
Internet Radio Link: http://tunein.com/radio/WDBX-911-s28168/ (you'll get a pop up to register, but you don't have to register or anything to listen, just X-close any widow asking for any sign-in)
iTunes: (File/Open Stream) enter: http://server2.4siwi.net:8000/
WinAmp: http://server2.4siwi.net:8000/listen.pls

If you like it, please join us every Monday night. Last few weeks we've done shows on "Dreams" (stream of consciousness clips from Dreamscape, Inception, Elm St; Dreamweaver, Dream Police, etc), "Death", "Chicago", "Computer/AI" and "Strange Fruit". I use all kinds of music, but tends to have core of classic rock, but also funk, industrial, popular, jazz, swing, folk, psychedelic, classical, Indian, etc. Themes can be paranormal, philosophy/religion or just kicking music with comedy clips.

Love to get your opinion!

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-25-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:40 AM
Midnight toker

That's a bit on the late side for me, so I'll probably have to skip it, but good luck with it.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:11 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
That's a bit on the late side for me, so I'll probably have to skip it, but good luck with it.
Thanks, Staker! It would be real late for you, across the pond. Too bad, because the show very popular with "midnight tokers" like yourself. I get calls from college students who really get a kick out of it in their special condition. Although I consider it more intellectual & artful, there's certainly a layer for everyone.

I know the popular free audio editing program Audacity let's you schedule recording internet radio. Audacity is an excellent program. (There's other programs too.)

Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/down...ures-1.3-k.php

Not that I'm suggesting you download this just for my show, but having a small program like Audacity ready whenever you want to schedule recording internet, or recording any audio off the internet, is very handy.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Evil Dead

Looks like I missed it. Did you record it? If so, you should host it somewhere... SoundCloud or something.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Looks like I missed it. Did you record it? If so, you should host it somewhere... SoundCloud or something.
Thanks for the interrest, Gigan!

I always attempt to record it, but by PC/Record program is currently experiencing dropouts (recording stopped before I got on the air). I'm getting a new PC for that issue. The station doesn't record the shows.

Most of my show (soundscape) is prerecorded on CD, it's just our Quiz and banter that's live. I can put the Halloween Horror special up on Youtube soon though.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:56 PM
Cranky

Been without internet for the past week. Sorry I had to miss it.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-29-2014, 06:14 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Been without internet for the past week. Sorry I had to miss it.
That's too bad. Would have loved to get your expert opinion more than anyone else.

Though I was tempted to listen to some of the material you've collected for Welcome to Weirdsville, and look at the Neverending Wonder Radio thread, I purposely did not to make sure I created an original, & personal, take on the enormous subject. I certainly have listened to Welcome to Weirdsville in the past.

This year, since I have a co-host now (Frank), I make the shows a little more live and conversational. I concentrated my soundscapes on what I considered the best, richest & scariest sound clips from horror film.

Started with the classics, Frankenstein's awesome Telsa coil sounds with the 'it's alive' scene, the excellent 'Abby Normal' Young Frankenstein clip; Bella & Frye's meeting, 'what beautiful music they make', added some special delay and reverb effects to some of the best werewolf sounds; Lon and Maria's meeting, & topped it with Festival of the New Wine song.

Intermittently we'd talk about the clips and horror film... 'why do people like horror?', 'first horror film you saw?', some quick interviews around town, brief personal memorizes. Frank's (sarcastic) segment was on why It's a Wonderful Life was the scariest film he ever saw. (Never know what he's gonna say.)

Besides the 'the classics' soundscape, I did a 60s, 70s, Giant Monster, & 80s+latter soundscapes, including ED2 intro, Regan/Karras encounters, a little Tubullar Bells under Karras' reading the Lord's Supper, Richard Pryor in the SNL Exorcist skit, Halloween 78 clips and theme (with added phaser effect), The Haunting 63 poltergeist sounds, Jaws, Lemora, Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla song where I fuss with clips from Godzilla films, clip from Godzilla Vs Mothra and the original Sacred Springs song, just to name a few.

I do this for every show, but this one was the Halloween/Horror special.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-29-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Tags
horror, music, psychedelic, radio, show