Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 09-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Scares Little Kids

What are your top five most shocking films of all time in your mind

1 Ensuring your place in hell, 2 Begotten,3 a Siberian film,4 May 5 Tumbling Doll of Flesh.
Theses films are pretty shocking I think that I have seen recently do you think there should be limits do you think thee directors are trying to hard just to cash in on the shock value or do they mean something to the the directors what do you think there are a lot more shocking films then theses this is just what i saw recently i liked may the best it had a little dark humor gore terror etc just the expression of her eyes in the movie made it just the way she moved good acting
Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 AM
Evil Dead

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

And it's Serbian, not Siberian.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 AM
No, fuck YOU

Siberian Film would be worse. ;) :D
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I prefer a Cimmerian film:

Old 09-27-2013, 04:26 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I prefer a Cimmerian film:

Robert E. Howard was a genius. Wish they'd make all his stories into movies or at least a TV series with a budget on Showtime or HBO.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

You know, I never read any of his Conan Stories but I noticed there is a collection of pretty much all of them really cheap for the kindle on Amazon - so when I finish my current book I will purchase this.

There are rumors for a new Conan with Arnie in it.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:40 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
You know, I never read any of his Conan Stories but I noticed there is a collection of pretty much all of them really cheap for the kindle on Amazon - so when I finish my current book I will purchase this.

There are rumors for a new Conan with Arnie in it.
Yeah I heard Arnie is doing another one too. I've got the Conan stories in 3 volumes and have been reading them over the last year or two.

They're all short stories and you don't have to read them in any order. The way he wrote them was with the idea of sitting around a campfire and the kids saying, "tell us another story about Conan" so they're just random stories. They are kind of different when you first start reading them and some of them are REALLY out there, but once you get used to them they're actually pretty entertaining and after about the 4th or 5th story he really starts hitting his stride.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:42 AM
That fucking Guy...

On the Conan thing, I read somewhere a whiles back that the Kevin Sorbo movie "Kull" was meant to have been the third Conan film.
I'm not sure how/why it wasn't...though I did find out that apparently the characters were done by the same guy?

Anyways, shocking..ok.
I'm not a big fan of films that go to shock, so I don't know that I'll get to 5.

I'll agree on a Serbian film.
It was psychologically and visually fucked up.
The visuals came close to being outmatched by the concepts.
That said, while I feel a bit like people take it the wrong way when I recommend that while I won't be watching it again anytime soon, they should probably check it out.
I think considering the evidently low budget, it was actually a pretty well made movie.

Man Bites Dog.
I saw this when I was about 16...all I remember thinking was hey...that's a fucked up guy right there.

Uh, whatever the asian flick was where the chick sawed the guys feet off with razor wire or what have you...I think only because of that one scene.

Cannibal-something?
Though it was really only on account of my reaction to the actual animal deaths.

Hm, wont say things like Saw and Hostel because that just seemed like gore for gores sake.

Ok, probably "Kids".
Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Evil Dead

A few start coming to mind. First was Boys Don't Cry, the rape scene is well done and the film itself draws you in so when it occurs, if you're like me and allow yourself to be sucked in, it upsets you.

When I was a kid I'd watch Saturday Night Nightmares, and also rent films my mother did not realize the quality of. So I'm now remembering being grossed out and horrified, as a kid, by Galaxy of Terror. I haven't seen it in a long time so now it might not affect me as much.

Also from when I was a kid was some movie, I can't remember the name though. It was akin to faces of death, except it had real live canablism, a woman's nipple being cut off and then eat, how zebras were hunted with long ropes between off road jeeps, other things i can not remember. Might've been called Inhumanities?

Big Bertha's 'real' face in Pee Wee's Big Adventure scared the fuck out of me as a kid.

As an adult most films that have shock gore and brutal rape/murder/etc. usually don't affect me because there's no association with the story/characters, its just like looking at an anatomy book, a live surgery, or real pictures of real mutilation. Its gross or morally wrong or what have you, but movies that generally go for shock do not achieve what they set out to do unless their audience is fairly sheltered. Shock to me is more about affecting your emotions, not your level of 'eww that's too gross to look at.' A comparison for me would be Inland Empire. Its not a horror movie or shocking, but it does test your brain's ability to take it all in. Its an exhausting film, regardless of what you think of something like, for example, the family bunny scenes. If you just let yourself sit through it you're likely to feel mentally drained. So it doesn't upset you necessarily, but it does affect you more deeply than "Oooo, look at me, i'm chopping up clits for breakfast!" I think, in general, what's more shocking--in that it upsets me--is that most of these shock films rarely involve the rape and sexual mutilation of men. Its primarily women. Sure men may have their arms chopped off, brains eaten, etc., but for the women character its usually sexual.

Oh and that reminds me, the scene in Hannibal in which Lecter takes a piece of his victims brain, the top of the skull removed, fries it and then serves it to the same victim. That was fucked up, more so because I associated myself a bit with the victim previously in the film.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:09 PM
病気の

Ensuring Your Place in Hell

This is the ultimate cult DVD, you need to own this! It contains a collection of fucked up shorts such as Grave Robbing For Morons, Cooking With Huck Botko (which is quite possibly the most fucked up home video ever made), Mortuary Of The Dead (real sick shit, proceed with caution), and Exploding Varmints. I can't even explain how messed up this DVD is.

What the heck?!? I never heard of this. I can't find an IMDb.

Want.