View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 03:11 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Of all the 3D movies 3D can be fun but it can also be a distraction, and Carnival of Souls is really a movie you should sit back and immerse yourself in.
Well with regards "immersing yourself", if the 3D has contributed anything at all, it is exactly that. You feel more a part of Mary's world and share her feelings on a deeper level in this 3D version. That's how I see it anyway. Also, the open, spacious shots of Saltair (both exterior and interior) really work well and add to Mary's feeling of isolation, trapped in her ghostly reality.

Saltair 3D anaglyph by CarnivalofSouls3D, on Flickr

Some of the most successful 3D shots surprisingly are of the interior rooms where you feel as though you are a part of the space. Ironically, it's at these times, when the 3D effect isn't that crucial, that some of the best moments occur. It all adds to the feeling of immersion though.

Mary and the Landlady by CarnivalofSouls3D, on Flickr

I do believe though that in any film, 3D makes the brain more active and even heightens the drama....but you have to allow it to happen and let yourself be immersed. People who don't like 3D watch 3D movies with a closed or negative mind and so they will never allow themselves to enjoy and indulge in the extra dimension.
I am very proud of this conversion and the work that I put into it. It is not for all tastes, but that's fine....each to their own.

With regards NOTLD, I considered converting this movie but I was under the impression that it had already been converted (by Passmore Labs I think) and even had a theatrical release a couple of years ago. At the moment, I'll continue with "House on Haunted Hill" even though conversion of this one is much slower than COS.