View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Episode 22

Opening credits role. Fade to a shot of the destroyed woods. Fade into the still standing trees. An outside shot of Disease's shop. Fade to the inside. All of the work benches and tools have been moved to the back. Chairs are in the middle. Disease is at the front of the group. There are about thirty people in there. They include Alkytrio, Crabapple, Chronogrl, Pinkfloyd, Massacre Man and Doc Faustus. They are all sitting, listening to Disease.

Disease: And so, I propose that instead of an all guns blazing apporach, we play it more subtle. If we were to go to the castle and begin shouting, they wouldn't hesitate to kill every one of us. We must send an anonymous letter to the castle warning them that if things do not change, then things will change. We will continue to provide for each other, but anybody else in the town who isn't here will have to feel the force of our rebellion!

Chronogrl: I don't understand what you're getting at?

Disease: All of us here provide something for the castle. Massacre Man gives a certain amount of meat, I send up pieces of woodwork, you yourself provide them with ale. And of course, then there are taxes.

Alkytrio: You can't be serious!

Disease: I am! It's one thing to provide them with material objects, but they need our money, and if we simply refuse, then they will get desperate to our plight.

Pinkfloyd: But then, surely they'll just send their soldiers down to get it, by force if they feel the need. How is that any different to us marching up to the castle.

Disease: Because if there is a conflict, it will be on our terms. On our ground. We will have the upper hand.

Pinkfloyd: Will we? There are thirty of us in here. We'd be so outnumbered-

Massacre Man: Yes, we would be out numbered, but if we have things ready...

Disease: Exactly brother. Gorephobia's blacksmiths may be deserted but it's still full of weapons. I've been keeping an eye on it. Each one of us arms ourselves. There are swords, battle axes, shields, a few pieces of armor. I can craft bows, there are a good few arrows there.

Massacre Man: And if I've been sending them sub standard meat they won't be in any good shape to fight either...

Alkytrio: I was skeptical, but I think I'm convinced.

There is a murmur of uncertainty from the crowd. He stands up and walks to the front.

Alkytrio: No, really, think about it. It all fits. And they won't send the entire army to get us. Once we take out enough of their men they'll listen to us. It's not like their attacking an enemy town. They need us. They can't just go killing us. At least, not if we go about it the right way.

Disease: Exactly! Who's with me.

Massacre Man: I am.

Alkytrio: I am.

Chronogrl stands up.

Alkytrio: I am!

The whole room is quickly on their feet.

Disease: It won't be easy, and there may be some casualties. And if things are getting out of hand, do not hesitate to stop fighting. But by the end of this week, they will know we cannot be pushed around any longer!

The whole room cheers. Fade to a shot of the island. It's day time now. Fade to a shot of the hill Dante had been on earlier, near the other town. Pinkfloyd is going up it, her white horse dragging her and her merchandise behind it. They get to the top. Pinkfloyd gasps.

Pinkfloyd: Oh no...HELP! HELP!!!

The camera shows the town, now nothing more than a smoking, black pile of rubble. She goes to turn the horse around but catches something out of the corner of her eye. Somebody is moving around in the town. They look weak. She leads her horse down the hill, through the rubble. She reaches the person. It's an old man, covered in ash. His face is red and badly burned.

Pinkfloyd: Get on, I'm taking you to safety!

The man shakes his head.

Pinkfloyd: Quick!

Man: No use...too late.

Pinkfloyd: What happened here.

Man: So sudden. No help...

Pinkfloyd: I'm here now. I can help. Is there anybody else here?

The old man coughs and shakes his head.

Pinkfloyd: I can help you.

Man: It is no use...I am nearly dead.

His eyes widen and he grabs Pinkfloyd. He pulls her closer.

Man: Beware...the inferno.

Pinkfloyd: What?

Man: The inferno...

His eyes go white and veins appear on his wrinkled face.

Man: NO! NO! DEAR GOD! PLEASE, NO!

He grips her.

Pinkfloyd: Somebody help!

The man gasps, then goes limp. He is dead.

Pinkfloyd: My God...

She looks around her. There are dead bodies everywhere, all burnt up. No building is left intact. Small fires are still burning. She picks up the man, puts him on a small piece of free space on the cart full of gems, then climbs onto the white horse, and rides away. Fade to a shot of the castle. Dante is in a room with Phantomstranger. Dante is looking at his hand. It is covered with ash.

Dante: How are the men?

Phantomstranger: They're not ready. They just don't have the experience yet.

Dante: What do you mean? They've been getting trained for years.

Phantomstranger: Yes. For humans. These beasts are like nothing the men have had to fight before.

Dante: What can we expect in a fight?

Phantomstranger: I have no idea. Having never seen a creature fighting the men, I simply can't judge.

Dante: This does pose a dilemma.

Phantomstranger: Jeremiah, I did have an idea.

Dante: Which is?

Phantomstranger: Well, though you have fought many creatures valiantly, it is simply far to many different types to teach every soldier on your own.

Dante: What are you getting at?

Phantomstranger: I have experience.

Dante: Phantom, friend, I do not know if you're in any state-

Phantomstranger: I may not be able to do much due to...this.

He lifts his right hand to show it to only be a hook.

Phantomstranger: And I may not be able to maneuver well. But having the use of a knee, or both hands isn't everything. I can still teach them basic ideas on different creatures. Hell, it was fighting a troll that got me this way, I can teach them how to not get in this situation.

Dante: If you're sure you're ready...

Phantomstranger: I am. I've been thinking about it for a while now. You take one half, teach them as many different creatures as you can, and I do the same. By the end we should have an army ready to deal with anything.

Dante: You are a good man Phantom...and damn, do I respect you.

Phantomstranger: Thankyou Jeremiah. There is something else I need to talk to you about...

Dante: Yes?

Phantomstranger: I know you haven't told me everything. I have seen things that I have looked the other way at, but I must know, as a friend, do you really believe in this?

Dante: What's this?

Phantomstranger: What we're fighting for. The in keeping of our current system. Because I have seen things that have made me question where your allegiances lie.

Dante: I suggest, as a friend, that you leave now.

Phantomstranger: Yes...sir.

Phantomstranger walks out. Dante looks out the window, to the town. Pinkfloyd can be seen riding towards HDC. He looks out towards the volcano.

Dante: The clock is ticking...

Dante walks away from the window, and out the door Phantomstranger did. The screen fades to a dark blue area. It looks like a cave. Faint scream can be heard. A woman's laughter sounds, and a female hand appears in front of the camera. She clicks her fingers. Cut to V in the bed. Suddenly, his eyes open, and his wounds begin to heal. Cut back to the cave. The camera shows the side view of a womans mouth.

Woman: It certainly is Dante...

Ending credits role.

The Ferrets like it...

Last edited by _____V_____; 08-26-2009 at 09:04 AM.