View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 02:49 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Doesn't that film have one scene where a black guy gets rammed and pinned to a wall by a car, and just before he collapses, to "get revenge" at the driver, the guy takes out his switchblade and stabs the grill of the car?

I saw part of that movie as a kid, and that car scene was impactful, but I still had to roll my eyes. Not sure what the point of that scene was... pure silliness? Also, I think it was featured by a parody horror host who was making fun of it.
Hey Sculpt,
The scene You mentioned is in DR BLACK AND MR HYDE, also directed by William Crain, who did BLACULA. DBAMH is no classic, but is entertaining with some choice lines like "Don't just stand there like a bunch of Dumb Asses.....GET 'IM!!!!!" and "Brother Man, this situation is rapidly becoming insalubrious... meaning We're about to stomp a Mud hole in your Ass!"
For true laughs, check out the trailer!

DR MINX (1975). Another awful Howard Avedis film, this one asks us to believe Edy Williams as a Doctor, William Smith is as intimidating as ever and one of THE most annoying SOB's I can ever recall in a film. Worth watching for Edy, who is gorgeous, but that's about it. *