View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 05:30 PM
Little Boo

Jaws, Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street all have great soundtracks. They help to stand in for the villain, signify it's there or throw you off.

As for soundtracks with songs with lyrics, I always liked Return of the Living Dead (particularly 'Tonight, We'll Make Love Before We Die' by SSQ). Actually, that whole soundtrack is awesome.

Also, I like the song 'I Never Dreamed Someone Like You Could Love Someone Like Me' sung by Katie Irving. It plays in the original version of 'Carrie' when Carrie dances with Tommy. The song describes Carrie so well. She really wants Tommy to like her and is very surprised that he seems to. It's a sweet moment that leaves you even more horrified when the bucket of blood falls.

Another song in a horror movie that I find good is 'There He Goes Again' performed by the Hues Corporation...and I mean performed. The group sings it and dances to it in the movie Blacula during the main club scene. It's a fun song and makes the movie that much more entertaining.

Finally, when I think about songs in horror movies, I think about 'Nightmare' sung by Tuesday Knight in A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 4: The Dream Master. It plays during the opening credits. It's kind of cheesy, but that's what I like about it.