View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Marvel TV Universe

So it seems Iron Fist is hardly a hit, and I must say I'm not surprised. Yet to watch it and, though I endeavour not to judge books by their covers, it hardly gripped me. The ill-advised casting (would it have been so much to have an Asian/half-Asian American in the lead role) aside, it just looks...dreary.

I do adore Finn Jones and was lucky enough to serve him a few times back in 2014 when he lived near me in London, but goodness, couldn't they have tried to make it seem at least a little enjoyable for either the characters OR viewers?

That being said, I've watched Season 1 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones - both of them are utterly wonderful. The latter, in particular, had me totally hooked from the very start. I find the construction of the MCU ever more fascinating, particularly this off-shoot into Adult Web-TV (in fact, it made up a significant portion of my dissertation). Desperately need to finish DD and catch up with Luke Cage...just a shame I feel I need to endure IF...but I suppose that is the genius of this model of series building.

Wondering about the rest of your thoughts regarding the MCU's TV branch. Successes, missteps, missed opportunities and potential thrills.

Thumb resize.

The Ferrets like it...