View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I think the dead might envy the living. In Dawn of the Dead they were talking about why the zombies were going to the shopping mall because there is still a part of their subconscious that acts as instinct. I know in the Return of the Living Dead movies zombies just wanted brains but And all the regular movies they just tear people apart and eat whatever they can. So the question is do they actually need flesh to survive as zombies? Or are they killing them anyway they can because they are envious of them?
Yeah I never understood why the zombies in Return of the Living Dead only eat brains when in every other zombie movie they eat whatever they can tear out of their victims.

I don't think the zombies actually "need" the flesh to survive because as Dr. Logan pointed out in Day of the Dead when he removed the stomach and organs of a zombie they still crave human flesh as food even when they can't gain nourishment from it. And seeing how zombies are dead beings that slowly rot over time I doubt any of their internal organs work to digest the flesh they eat

I think their desire for flesh as food comes from a primitive animalistic instinct (the need to feed) yet it seems strange that they mostly target humans which are still the same species and not other animals. The act of cannibalism against their own species I think comes from something more than just primitive hunger. They must have something against the living humans themselves.

For example like Bub from Day of the Dead. The only reason he didn't try to attack Dr. Logan I think is because Logan was somehow able to awaken the humanity inside of him with his experiments and bring out what was originally lost when he became a zombie, and he saw Logan as his protector and provider of food and toys to play with.

When Bub saw that Logan was dead he reacted in genuine pain and sadness and knew immediately who was responsible for killing him (Rhodes and his men). So he picked up a gun and hunted Rhodes down to act out another human emotion: vengeance.

Bub grew very attached to Logan because of the way he reminded him of his own humanity but in the end he was still a zombie and would always be a zombie until the day he was destroyed in the brain or rotted away completely.

And it was interesting how he didn't even bother to eat Rhodes like the other zombies after he shot him. That shows just how much contempt he had for the guy for killing Logan.

Now vampires on the other hand, I think they actually DO need human blood because without it they loose their powers. In Bram Stoker's Dracula (the book I mean) I believe that Count Dracula would actually start to age drastically when he didn't feed for awhile.

And I think ghosts mostly attack humans for entering the areas they haunt because they are territorial and possibly because they envy humans for still being alive. Of course some ghosts aren't so bad and they either remain neutral or try to warn the humans to leave the haunted area out of genuine concern for their safety.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-10-2018 at 09:14 AM.