Thread: The Wii
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:06 PM
That fucking Guy...

Yes, I think a lot of the use it will be getting is when I buy the "old" games.
Do they actually run well and look right on the wii?
I only ask this, as I've had nothing but problems with PC emulators...I mean they're ok and all, but I'd really like to play some 16 bit games that look like they're supposed to...

I've got Kirby so far, which is a VEEERY simplistic, but quite fun platformer.
I always thought, when I looked at the older Kirby games, that they looked like a good playthrough - I might have to backtrack and check out the earlier series now.

What else.
Got Mario Kart.
I have yet to try 2 player, and I know this is an important part of games like this...however, I have to say that while it's a very nice looking game, the single player aspect hasn't really grabbed me as much as the 64 version did.
I won't judge it fully yet.
I mean it seems OK, and it's certainly a visual upgrade.

Since it's not commercially available here I'm trying to download a copy of "manhunt 2", see how I go with that.

I've had a look at the new "boy and his blob" on youtube...how strange that this title from my (quite early) childhood has been revamped.
I remember *seeing* it back in the day, and having a brief play of it when a local store was demo'ing it - this was actually the first time in a videogame that I was impressed by an interesting concept - it just seemed somehow "deeper" than other games I'd seen.
Anyways the new one, is really a beautiful looking game, I will have to grab a copy.

Thanks for the recos too folks, and keep them coming if anything else occurs.
Nice to have a list to check out.