View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 02:39 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes! View Post
Hello,
Lately I have been revisiting my love for the Living Dead films and I've decided that it's time to update my dvd/blu-ray collection. I'm a little embarrassed to say that after being a fan of the genre and the living dead films for about 20 years now, the only copies I have of the original film are cheap studio dvd's, the kind you will find at walmart for $3.
I've done some reading on the internet and from what I gather...

*the Millennium Edition seems to be the fan favorite in regards to keeping the film as it originally was (B&W, original soundtrack) and certainly for the Special Features.

* I've read to stay far away from the 30th Anv. Edition (although I am meeting John Russo next month so now I HAVE to see what all the damage he did in this version)

*lastly I've read that the Optimum blu-ray release has the best picture and sound quality, though it lacks special features.

I feel like I am going to end up buying the Millennium Edition for the special features and the blu-ray for the visual & sound quality, but I am interested to see what other fans have to say about these and any other versions that should be considered.
Thanks everyone! Nice to meet you! (new here)
-yikes!
NIGHT is my all time favorite film and was my first VHS almost 30 years ago. Millennium Edition is very good, but I liked the 40th Ann. edition the best...a lot a good special features, including the two commentaries and an awesome "Making Of" called "One for The Fire' that is well worth seeing.
The 30th Ann does get a lot of hate...can understand why Russo did it (get some $$ the original film makers got screwed out of), but not really essential although I don't think it's as bad as it's been made out to be.
Russo is a pretty nice guy the couple of times I have met him -Russ Streiner (Producer/Johnny in the film) is usually there with him at cons...is he listed for the one you are going to?