View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Minister of the Sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13thfan View Post
I cant compare it to the original because I dont really consider it a remake. Jason wasnt in the original (not counting the infamous lake scene) so I guess you could call this one a re-imagining more then a straight on remake. Both have very little in common IMO and should not be compared like they are the same movie.
Me thinks your profile name shows you holds a mild bias... ;)
...a question; Technically, isn't every re-make a re-imagining? I don't think I've ever seen a re-make that was absolutely true and verbatim to the original. If so, what's the point of the re-make?
Ft13th (2k9 edition) sucked and here's why: I want you to imagine a cool $19,000,000.00 sitting in your bank account and the only thing you have planned for the next year is Christmas. A husky voice calls you on the phone and says: "friday13thfan (place name here), did you get that money I wired to your account? The general public has been itching for a Ft13th remake and you, being as massive a fan as you are, are the only man knowledgeable enough in this series to create it. What do you envision the 2009 edition Friday the 13th, being like?"
Would your end result be anything close to what Hollywood has done or would it be a genuinely unique experience that followed in the footsteps of it's predecessor?

...think about it.

--The Piz is watching you--