View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 02:24 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I like The Ninth Gate. I was looking into the book props for my collection. There is a creeping darkness about the movie. I can't really say the part I thought was clever without spoiling it. But I thought the secret and mystery of the book was cool. I guess it's the sort of movie with a few drinks like the characters in the movie, you just fall into the atmosphere, music, and settings. I love the library early in the movie. I want to setup the book prop with that postcard photo. And I do tend to get higher end editions of books. The most recent one was this Storms at Sea deluxe edition. Here is a flip though of the normal.

I guess I really like the movie and would probably fall into the same trap as Johnny Depp's character.
Wow, great art in that book!

I enjoyed Ninth Gate too. It does look really good and has effective atmosphere, and like I said, I thought the first half was really good. Unfortunately, I had to take a phonecall a little past the middle, had to watch the rest the next evening. I went back a ways to keep the continuity, but what ya gonna do? Anyway, after I wrote my review I read some others, and I'm not alone in my impressions.