View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Opening credits role. Fade to a shot of Gore, Roshiq and Rét. The sounds of the dragon approaching are getting louder.

Roshiq: Rét, run back. Tell the others to get ready.

The little man rushes off at incredible speed. Gore and Roshiq turn again to the approaching attackers. Another jet of flames shoots into the sky, much closer now.

Gorephobia: Where do we go?

Roshiq: We stay here.

Gorephobia: What?

Roshiq: I have a plan.

Gorephobia: Listen, I know your powers are strong against a few humans or animals but this is part of an army with at least one dragon!

Roshiq: Even if it wasn't my magic would be pointless. I haven't meditated today. I have no reserves. I used them to protect the mouth.

Gorephobia: So will the creatures arrive in time to help us?

Roshiq: No chance.

Gorephobia: Then what's your plan?!

Roshiq walks a few feet to the left so he's next to a small evergreen tree.

Gorephobia: What, we hide behind trees? I knew putting my faith in a man who makes clothes was a mistake.

Roshiq: Firstly, they're robes, they help channel my energy. Secondly, I put a cloak on this tree.

Gorephobia: What do you mean?!

The army is now only about a hundred yards away and can be seen through the trees. Suddenly, with a great shock wave traveling through the ground the dragon takes off. It soars high into the air. It flies overhead. Dante isn't flying it, another man dressed in similar armour is. This dragon is green.

Roshiq: Look.

He touches the tree, suddenly the needles on it dissolve and the branches distort, twisting around. It gets much shorter, only coming up to about three feet. The ends of the branches glow a reddish-orange colour. Gore suddenly gasps.

Gorephobia: Is that a-

Roshiq: Yes. I planted it as a boy. This is, as far as I know, the tallest in the world.

Gorephobia: I though they were a myth.

Roshiq shakes his head, turns to the tree and takes out a small hatchet. He cuts off the largest branch. The branch is hollow inside. He turns it up over his mouth, and a glowing orange sap drips into his mouth. He drinks it all down. The army is now much closer. Roshiq looks at the men.

Roshiq: The foolishness of those born from common whores.

He tilts his head up, in the direction of the dragon. He blows out and huge jets of flames fly from his mouth. He lets out a dozen or so, some larger or smaller, with bigger and smaller gaps between each jet. Suddenly, the dragon begins thrashing in the air. It whips it's tail around, smashing the rider to the ground. It swoops down on the army, spouting flames at them. The forest catches, smoke billowing up into the air. Scream and shouts can be heard by Gore and Roshiq. Roshiq strokes his black beard.

Roshiq: Such a shame.

Gorephobia: Please, stop this.

Roshiq: They are the ones who must be stopped my friend.

Gorephobia: Know this. We are not friends. I'm aiding you purely as I know it's right. But you are too...inhuman.

Roshiq: I am the most human of all.

He points towards the flames.

Roshiq: Those people, they live under a master who would gladly kill them all, yet they do not stop him. Many have got the chance, but don't. They are so used to being dictated, they are trained so much, put into the mindset that things are right the way they are. They lost all sense of humanity.

Gorephobia: These men were sent out by a fool. They are doing their job. Fighting a battle that doesn't even need to be fought. They may disagree with what they're doing but they have families. People to support. That is the fact. And now many innocents are dying!

Roshiq: The innocence of fools is not innocence at all. Merely stupidity.

Gorephobia: Just let them flee. They will go back disgraced but alive. Hell, they may decide not to go back! But killing them now doesn't give them a chance to prove themselves truly. So just LET THEM GO!

The two are now very close, glaring at each other. Roshiq nods, walks over to the small tree, cuts off a small branch and drinks down the sap. He spouts the flames into the air. The dragon quickly emerges from the growing smoke and lands in front of the two men. Roshiq runs to the tree, cuts off it's top half so only the hollow truck filled with sap is left. He takes a small, glass flash, covered in metal and dips it into the liquid. He repeats the process with two more flasks, then uses the hatchet to cut a hole in the trunk so that all the liquid spills to the floor. Finally, he reaches down into the trunk and pulls out a small stone like object. He and gore climb onto the dragon which takes off into the air.

Gore looks down at the town. About half a dozen men are running across the fields, away from the town and the fire. All are dressed in singed Armour. Presumably, the rest perished. He looks away and calls across to Roshiq.

Gorephobia: What of the forest?

Roshiq: It will burn. An unfortunate sacrifice.

He hangs his head and begins speaking quietly in what sounds like latin.

Gorephobia: You destroyed your home for this battle...

Roshiq: This is no longer a battle. Today finally showed me that. This is WAR.

End credits role.

The Ferrets like it...