View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
This is part 2 of the name game when it comes to naming the Toho monsters. In 1984 and in 1989 Toho made a couple of Godzilla movies the 1989 movie the 84 sequel introduced fans to a new monster named Biorante translated in english its Biollante and Biollante was a giant plant a rose in fact and in 1991 there was a new type of robot called MekaGidora or in english MechaGhidora a giant robot made in the image of KingGhidora.

Also in 1991 there was Gojirasarusu or in english Godzillasarus it was Godzilla before he was mutated by the H-Bomb. In 1992 a new monster named Batora was introduced Batora was Mothra evil twin Batora in english is Battra. In 1993 there was a new version of Godzillas son named BabeGojira in english BabyGodzilla. And there was a new version of Rodan called FuaiyaRadon or FireRodan in english was introduced again 1993. Rodan is again a giant prehistoric Pteronodon. In 1994 there was SupesuGojira in english SpaceGodzilla and LittleGodzilla this was BabyGodzilla just a little bit taller. Also in 1994 there was G-ForceMogera an updated version of Mogera.

In 1995 there was Desutoroia translated in english as Destroyah or Destroyer. Again little Godzilla had grown to be Gojira Jr or Godzilla Jr in 1995. The monster Destroyer was a crab like sea creature almost microscopic that had been feeding on the remains of the Oxygen bomb that had killed Godzilla in 1954. This mutated many of these small crablike creatures and caused them to grow and unite as 1 very big monster named Destroyer because it had the same power of the Oxyge destroyer bomb.
In 1999 a new monster was named Oruga in english its spelled Orga. Orga is a bodyless Alien that absorbed Godzillas DNA. Godzillas DNA is called Orginizer G1 cells after the Alien robbed Godzillas cells it was named Orga after Godzillas cells or DNA. After it took the cells the Alien took on this ugly form. In 2000 another classic 1950s monster was revamped and it was Megaguron a prehistoric insect Rodan ate in the 1956 classic Rodan in the 2000 the Megagurons grew to adulthood and became Megagirus a prehistoric flying Dragonfly. MechaGodzilla was revamped in 1993 and in 2002 and 2003 Mothra was revamped in 1992 1996 as RainbowMothra in 1997 as AquaMothra in 1998 as ArmoredMothra and in Godzilla Final Wars FireMothra. Gigan was also revamped in Godzilla Final Wars along with Rodan Hedora Kumonga Kamkiras Minya Manda KingSeesar. There was a new monster in 2004 named MonsterX who later trasforms into KaiserGhidora.
I think you now have a good idea of how it is Toho names their monsters and why. I left out a few names the entire list of all the monsters is pretty long. I am sure you can guess without knowing Japanese which name this monster belongs to
KinguKongu well in english its KingKong but somehow I think you knew that.