View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Banned

Suck it?
'Cpet, it's hard to suck something so small it generates its own vacuum, skinhead.

On topic -
Playing throught "from dusk til dawn" on pc.
Storyline works like a sequel to the first movie...seems Seth Gecko decided the best thing to do after making it through a life endangering vampire experience, and making it across the border despite being chased down by the law, noteably with a sizeable amount of cash...would be turning himself in to the authorities, and confessing to his involvement in the crimes...
Not surprisingly with his brother dead, the full wrap is put on him, and yeah = jail time. Setting, similar to the jail shown in face-off, only without any cool magnetic leg clamps.
The story from then on end gets a little ridiculous. Vampire con arrives to save his brother from execution, vamps a few people, the infection spreads = jail full 'o vamps.
You escape, pick up a taser, and off you go.
It's not really very well made. Your character (Seth) moves around in a slow and awkward way, combat is not only cramped and difficult, but at times but quite boring...not to mention dissapointing, I mean, you're up against vampires, you'd think you got to use some improvisational weapons... ? Nope, just guns, and yeah, same shit over and over again.
The graphics are...well...alright I suppose, but the game is a few years old now. The npc's are quite fun, even if all they do is shoot the badguys with you...
There are also a few HUGE glitches, like walking into walls and getting stuck, falling through the floors and dying, and missing "door open" queues, getting trapped inside or outside certain places, forcing you to restore to the last save point.
Annoying.
In all fairness, overall, it's "ok" - A little frustrating at times, and just...not very good. It's not yet pissed me off enough to ditch it though.
Maybe worth a look for fans of the movie.

Last edited by ChEEbA; 05-04-2005 at 12:18 AM.