View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Evil is Better

IT

I really enjoyed this. I found it as faithful as it could be to the source material as a 2 and half hour movie would allow. I was disappointed to not see more of the backstories of characters like Ben and Mike whose roles were significantly lowered but all of the actors captured the essence of the characters.

Bill Skarsgard was excellent as Pennywise. A great combination of scary and disturbingly playful. I found his performance to be much more accurate to the book.

I do wish they had been able to add in more of the cosmic stuff that pertains to Pennywise as someone who hasnt read the book would probably only see IT as a ancient monster. Hopefully they'll be able to touch on this more in the second one, it will make more sense to do it then anyway.

The scares were great, the actors all did a great job creating this wonderful group of kids. They all really nail the characters from the novel and make you care about them and enjoy watching them together. Their bond is showcased well.

I would go see this in the theater again, i really enjoyed myself and i strongly recommend seeing it.

8/10