View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
HDC: Darkness and Daggers - by FerretChucker

Opening credits. The camera then fades into the night sky, above the clouds. The camera shoots down through the clouds with bolts of lightning flashing past.
It's out of the clouds now and it's raining. It carries on decending until it reaches an Island, close to the mainland. There is a castle on top of a large hill in the centre of the island. The camera goes down to a path leading up to the castle with rain pouring on it. Suddenly, a horse galloping comes into view with somebody riding it.

Fade to a dimly lit room within the castle. A man is sitting on a throne in there. He has black hair and is dressed entirely in black. Two wolves are chained to his throne. Several feet in front of him is a nervous looking, young priest. The man in black talks.

The Return: Is he coming or not?

Despare: Yes sire. He will arrive tonight.

Cut to a shot of the man on the horse walking up to the castle gates. Cut back to the room.

The Return: If he doesn't turn up -

Despare: He will.

Cut back to the knight. He's wearing a full face helmet. He's walking through the castle.

The Return: How can you be sure he'll turn up. You don't even know his name.

Despare: Sire! I told you, he has a name.

The doors to the room slam open and the knight walks in.

Despare: V.

V takes off his helmet.

The Return: Ah, finally. I would advise you not to keep me waiting again.

V: And why's that?

The Return takes a small whistle from his side. He blows into it and though they can hear no sound, the chained dogs begin barking angrily and saliva drips from their mouths. Outside the window there is a loud roar and flames shoot up past the gap.

V: Shall we get down to business?

The Return: Yes. I assume you know the threat.

V: I was informed, however, are you sure about this? It seems less of a threat and more of an annoyance. Surely you could just have one of your er...pets do it.

The Return: No. This is much more difficult than that. You see...

The camera is on Despare. He is Looking down at the ground at holding his forehead. A loud beating is playing and the sound of talking is muffled. Quiet screams and cries for help are heard. The muffled sound of the room gets louder.

The Return: Priest. Priest. PRIEST.

Despare snaps back in.

Despare: Sorry Sire.

The Return: The Sword.

Despare: Ah yes.

He pulls out a piece of tattered paper and hands it to V. It has the word "Geddy" on it.

V: Geddy?

Despare: Take that piece of paper to the local blacksmith. His shop is opposite my church. It has the royal mark on it. He will know what to do.

V: I shall leave in the morning. Firstly-

The Return: You are quite mistaken. You will leave right now.

V: I work under my terms. Understand?

The Return: Let me show you something...

He rings a small bell next to him. Within seconds a young female enters the room. She is dressed as a maid.

Maid: Yes Sire?

The Return: Stand in the corner so my dogs can maul you.

V: What? No. Don't do it!

She ignores V and stands in the corner. The Return smiles.

The Return: This is what I call power. Even though this young girl knows she will be eaten alive and has never met me in person, she does as I say for fear.

V: Wait. Quick! Run! Get out of here! Don't let him do this!

She begins sobbing quietly. Tears run down her cheek. She can't be more than 15. The Return laughs to himself.

The Return: Now with this kind of power, I can do almost anything.

V: You still needed to get me in to get rid of your problem.

The Return: Yes, that particular problem is difficult. But with my pets here, getting rid of you would not be a problem. So I suggest you work on my terms.

V: Yes...Sire.

The Return laughs again and undoes his wolves chains. They sit there, quietly growling. Saliva dripping.

V: What?! I thought we came to an agreement! Let her go! I said I'd work on your terms!

The Return: Yes, you did. And you will. But I said this girl would suffer because of your defiance. And just because you've gone back on yourself, that does not mean I have to.

He brings the whistle up to his lips and blows into it. The dogs run to the girl. The camera shoots to Despare. He's looking the other way and the camera is zoomed right into his face. His eyes are closed and he has his hands over his ears. He can still hear the muffled sounds of the girl screaming as she is ripped apart by the dogs. The Return can be heard laughing while V shouts for him to stop. The beating starts again inside Despares head. It gets louder and louder and the picture fades. The end credits role with the beating still playing.

The Ferrets like it...

Last edited by _____V_____; 08-26-2009 at 08:17 AM.