View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 01:48 AM
For Vendetta

Splatterpunk Horror

Blood Feast (1963)

Dead Alive aka Braindead (1993)

Flesh for Frankenstein aka Andy Warhol's Frankenstein (1974)

"With decapitations and assorted limb removal, this surely has to be the godfather of splatter. Rated X on its initial release [tame by today's comparison], its loaded with nudity and enough gore to delight any horror fan.
Despite all the carnage there is a deep message to convey..."To know death Otto, you have to fuck life... in the gall bladder!" " - Newb

Hellraiser (1987)

"Hellraiser is a sick flick, there are no two ways around this one. With more bloodshed than Hostel and more flesh ripping than Saw, it may be one of the most overlooked movies when people talk about mountain of gore. Hellraiser presents to the genre a group of the most disturbing creatures in ages with the introduction of the Cenobites - Pinhead, Chatterer, and the rest of these demons (or angels, depending on who you are) can tear through the living like no other group before them.
Sick, twisted, disturbing, vile... you could use any of those words to describe Hellraiser and nobody would argue with you. When people ask me what I think of Hellraiser though, I simply tell them, "It's great!" " - Despare

The Return of the Living Dead (1985)

"Smack dab in the middle of the 80's came this very entertaining homage to Romero's Dead movies. Clu Gulager, James Karen and Don Calfa have a ball with this movie and so does the audience.
Also of note would be Linnea Quigley little strip tease....yowza. She could eat my brains anytime.
Memorable quote: "Send... more... paramedics!" " - Newb

Honorable Mentions:

Bad Taste (1987)

"This 1987 over-the-top gorefest is one of the greatest examples of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.
A small town has fallen victim to aliens seeking a new galactic culinary delight and, to combat this, the government sends in 'The Boys'. Thats about it as far as plot goes...but it really doesnt need much else. The acting is poor and the script is shoddy but that, somehow, only adds to the charm of this great film. The gore is constant and not too bad considering the shoestring budget, including memorable scenes such as a man emerging from an aliens arse with a chainsaw! What more do you want?
Its an extremely enjoyable way to spend 90 minutes for a movie. Go see where Peter Jackson learned the tricks of the trade. Go and watch Bad Taste!" - Scouse Mac

Street Trash (1987)

Last edited by _____V_____; 05-25-2009 at 07:14 AM.