View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Elvis - If it's on there, play Shining Force.
It's IMO just one of the best top-down strategy/rpgs there has ever been.
The collection I have has #1 and #2 on it.
Though on a disappointing front, I think there was a #3 that was only released in two parts on Sega Saturn? Might be in Japanese only?

Though don't let that take away from the first one, it's a great game.
Not sure bout the second, never played it, but a lot of people say it's even better.
Shining Force 2 is my all time ever fave game I must have played it all the way through on the hardest setting several times and never get sick of it. If You loved Shining Force you will love it-you have more freedom to move around and it's no longer in chapters. It's too easy on the "normal" setting though make sure you play it on one of the harder settings. There was also a Shining Force 3 on the Sega Saturn. That game was quite different though they tried to make it 3D which meant you moved a lot slower plus they took it back to the chapter format. Sadly it was done in 3 scenario's with Scenario 1 being the only one available outside Japan at the time so never played the other scenarios.

On the other points thanks I'll try and get some two USB port pads as I'd rather revisit the old golden axe and streets of rage series without the Mac's keyboard.