View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Best and Worst of the Original Showa Godzilla Series:
Sometime after our talk in the movie collection game thread I decided that I should rectify the fact that I did not own many Godzilla films. At the time, I only had the 98 version of Godzilla, which many disregard, King of Monsters which is often excluded from the films, and King Kong Versus Godzilla. I have since purchased a triple pack with Godzilla Versus Mothra: Battle for Earth, Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, and Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. I also acquired the DVD Criterion Collection copy of Godzilla which included both Gojira and Godzilla: King of Monsters. In addition I purchased both Godzilla Versus Hedorah (The Smog Monster) and Godzilla Versus Gigan. While I was at it I purchased the Legacy Collection of Gamera for $9 which, I believe, included all but the most recent Gamera film. I plan to continue to expand my collection of Godzilla films in the near future. At the top of my list are Godzilla Versus Megalon, Godzilla Final Wars, the Godzilla Collection (which includes many of the films you recommended, though most are already on Netflix), and Godzilla Versus Spacegodzilla/Godzilla Versus Destroyah (it is a double feature pack). They are in no particular order. You gave an interesting list of that section of Godzilla films.

Last edited by _____V_____; 06-17-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Quoted post shortened