View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:25 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbenet Klebold View Post
I'd always wondered about Locke & Key. I'll definitely have to check it out. I'm currently reading tons of comics, but due to financial stuff I'm going to have to pare down my pulls significantly. I know it's not horror, but IDW's TMNT series is pretty phenomenal right now.

JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyMyers View Post
Ill probably pick up Locke & Key just b/c I enjoy Hills characters.
I absolutely recommend it. Incredibly well-written. Hill is so talented; I loved Heart-Shaped Box - One of those rare books where I really got attached to the characters... 20th Century Ghosts was a great collection of really vivid vignettes (I think he writes more vignettes than short stories)... haven't read Horns yet.

I know that comics are crazy-expensive... Definitely check our your local library; I'm lucky enough that my library network is really expansive; I do most of my comic book reading through them now. Pretty much any comic volume that I want to read I've found through them.

Locke & Key Volume 4: Keys to the Kingdom by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez (2011)

I initially thought this volume was a little schizophrenic; the pace was a bit faster than the previous volumes; whereas previously a volume would focus on just a couple of keys and the Locke Kids' encounters with the "Dark Lady," this one lumped in quite a few... But it all came down to a fantastic ending; clearing hill and Rodriguez didn't want to become repetitive and ultimately the ending is brilliant - Looking forward for Volume 5 to come out.

Powers, Vol. 2: Roleplay by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming (2011)

Really liked the direction Bendis took the story - Continuing to look forward to seeing this series develop.