View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 09:14 AM
For Vendetta

The NINTH PERIOD: 2000 - 2012

American Psycho (2000)
Wikipedia Link

Ginger Snaps (2000)
Wikipedia Link

Little Otik (aka) Greedy Guts (aka) Otesanek (2000)
Wikipedia Link

Quote:
It's basically an eastern European fairy tale. Way off beat dark comedy from the legendary director Jan Svankmajer. This is visual cinema at its best. Svankmajer is an absolute legend, specifically of surreal/ stop motion cinema and this is probably the most accessible work. - Straker

Jeepers Creepers (2001)
Wikipedia Link

Quote:
I thought the acting and character development was really good. Additionally, the story/plot was unique and intriguing. The creature looked very scary. Lastly, I thought that the film had excellent atmosphere. I was surprised it made the cut though because it is one of those films that gets a lot of undeserved hate. - metternich1815

The Others (2001)
Wikipedia Link

Frailty (2001)
Wikipedia Link

Quote:
This was an excellent, if overlooked, film from the 2000s. It follows a family in the rural area, whose head (the Father) is supposedly getting a list from God, of the people who are really demons and he must kill them. There are some brilliant performances here, especially Bill Paxton (who directed the film) and Matthew McConaughey. The story is captivating and the atmosphere is perfect. You never really know what to believe throughout this film. Is this guy crazy or is he telling the truth? Anyway, an all-around excellent movie, although, unfortunately, often overlooked. - metternich1815

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-10-2013 at 10:09 AM.