View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Little Boo

More Details on the book I can't find...

It is definitely NOT "The History of the Devil" by Clive Barker.

1. It was released in 1999 and this book had to be 1987 or earlier as I read it when I lived in Bremerton.

2. The trial was actually a real trial in a real courthouse (real meaning in our world.)

My memory of the book was that the trial was initiated by a murder and of course the murderer was possessed by the devil. The defense attorney of tried to use the "insanity" defense and I guess Satan got a little pissed that man in general wasn't really paying attention to him or believing he existed and that you had to be insane if you claimed to be possessed. So he takes over the courthouse to make people pay attention to the fact that he does exist and can possess people etc. Of course my memory could be way off but I believe this is the general direction of the story and I remember it being cleverly written. I also remember the setting was in the Puget Sound area so I found it even more interesting. It was definitely a paperback but that doesn't mean it wasn't released in hard cover.

I can't remember the author, title, exact year or anything else significant to help with finding this book...hoping for a little luck.

Thanx,
Jack