View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 11:48 AM
Licking

THE BAND

Day 4: Since Moogie was electrocuted at our second time playing out, we decided to rename the band. We are now "John Wild's Racing Pigs" We plan to do a tribute show for Moog this Saturday at The Turtle's Mud in Monessen. We kept most of his equipment. He would have wanted it this way. Moog...we hardly knew ye.
I've become indifferent to my indifference. Now I'll never go home.

Day 5: We sold most of Moog's equipment. He would have wanted it this way. We're nearly ready for Saturday. During the night, Raul passed in his sleep. In his memory, we renamed the band. We are now "All-Out Daddy und The Entrails" Raul would have wanted it this way. Raul's primo Lora will be filling in on bass.

Day 6: The Moog tribute show and extravaganza sold out. The fire warden intervened when the crowd swelled to more than 16 persons. Sal Tantoon, our drummer for more than 30 days, perished on stage while attempting to repair the very same circuit miasma that took Moog so long ago. In his honor, we have renamed the band

DAY 8: 'The First Time I Saw A Spork' premiered @ Lansing's Riot in Irwin last night. It's the way Lora would have wanted it. She fell head-long down the stairs in the parking garage on Tenth and Ferta while going for the van. Her primo Dujuang will fill in on bass. I think Jova, the new drummer wants to change the name of the band. I'm up. She brought on expensive equipment and a aether phone/etherophone. She has a cousin who plays upright organ. Maybe she'll work out.

Day 9: 'The Fulcrum Upon Which the Future is Pivoting and Timmy' packed the house at The Domino in McKeesport tonight. I went for the Tortured Ravine Special during Timmy's quitar solo. When I came back, the owner was chasing us out the door with an ax in his hand. I don't think they want to resign us. Maybe we should change the name of the band. I dunno.

We held hands at Timmy's funeral. We vowed to one another that we would forever keep the name of the band 'The Fulcrum Upon Which the Future is Pivoting and Timmy'. The next day we hired another bass player named Timmy. She expired within hours of meeting the rest of the band. The EMT (his name was Timmy) said," she died of fright." (I don't know what that means, but I think I would like to die of it.)

We violated the vow. But still. Now we're 'Labe Afrikaner und Timmy'. (We don't have a Timmy in the band but we thought it would be nice to pay tirbute to our last Timmy. She only lasted for moments, but still.) Our new CD just released this week. "Cleat, Nothin' But" which includes most of the following cuts:
1) My Dentist
2) She Wore Cleats
3)She Shunned Cleats
4)Her Sister's Cleat

Last edited by Poejsic; 02-24-2020 at 11:52 AM.