View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 03:40 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I adore the first one, but the sequels are immensely silly. I can see the fun and enjoyment out of them, but I don't understand the cult-like following. Have you tried the series? It's hella fun.
No i'm not big into the film series so the TV one didnt really interest me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Overrated? I'm trying to think of a better term for how I feel about them but I think overrated might be it. The first Evil Dead is a movie I absolutely love, so in my opinion no praise is too high for that one.
Dead By Dawn is a hilarious, chaotic blast but it hasn't really held it's bloom for me as the years passed. I like it, but I don't think it comes close to the original. Overrated? Yeah, with the perspective of decades of viewing, I can't argue to strongly against that.
Army of Darkness has never been a movie I've cared for. That being the case, I obviously consider any talk of classic status to be hyperbole. Just an opinion, of course.
As far as the remake is concerned, it got a great reaction from a lot of Horror fans, and I was one of them, so that one I would say gets the credit it deserves.
They're not bad movies, i enjoyed the first two and even the remake but everyone acts like they're the greatest horror movies ever made and i just don't see it. I just don't understand why people think they're so great. It really furthers my argument that most people can't separate actually great movies from ones they enjoyed. They think they're one in the same. Sometimes they are but there is a distinct difference.