View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:54 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I thought about both Forrest Gump and Event Horizon and Forrest Gump would have definitely been in my top 50 and Event Horizon most likely would have as well. I would honestly love to have went to 100 but my brain already has enough shit to process at the moment. I will say when I was making this list so I realized how overrated and over played I always looked at Pulp Fiction. Reservoir Dogs is a much better and consistent story and so is Jackie Brown. True Romance is a very, very underrated movie that Quentin Tarantino wrote and it has a lot of great actors playing practically every role in the film. Take all the amazing actors out of Pulp fiction and I feel like it would have nowhere near as much success as it has had. With that said, if I had went to 50 there would be more Darren Aronofsky. With the exception of Noah, he has a pretty nice catalog under his belt.
I'm not sure if I saw REservoir Dogs after Pulp Fiction, but I saw Jackie and Romance after Pulp. I enjoyed Pulp way more than the others. Dogs I'd place 2nd. Maybe if I saw Romance before Pulp I might have been more impressed. I loved the dialogue in Pulp, and it just has a fun quick pace as sweep to it.

Weird too, I was never a fan of Event Horizon, but that is certainly because as I watched the film I just saw plots of past sci-fi TV episodes and films get woven into Event, it just rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited by Sculpt; 02-12-2019 at 01:56 PM.