View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Horror Fan

Exclamation

I figured this was viral marketing or an isolated event. Then I see it occurred again yesterday elsewhere in South Carolina. The sightings are spreading statewide. My contact in SC is saying they have been sighted at three different apartment complexes.

Quote:
South Carolina clown sightings starting to spread

GREENVILLE, S.C. — Multiple law enforcement agencies are investigating a rash of incidents involving clown sighting at apartment complexes and other areas of Greenville and Spartanburg counties, according to WHNS.

Both the Greenville Police Department and Greenville County Sheriff’s Office have open cases and the Spartanburg Police Department confirmed Thursday that a clown sighting had been reported at an apartment complex there.

Captain Art Littlejohn with the Spartanburg Police Department said officers were called to Canaan Pointe Apartments Wednesday night for reports of a suspicious person. The complainant, a woman, told officers that a person dresses as a clown was standing in her back yard.

She snapped a photo and the person ran off. Littlejohn said the responding officer tried to view the photo on the woman’s phone but the image was too dark to make out.

Deputies in Greenville County said the clowns were initially seen in wooded areas, where they reportedly tried to encourage children to join them, but the situation escalated to reports that clowns were also knocking on the doors of homes.
http://myfox8.com/2016/09/01/south-c...ing-to-spread/

Quote:
New clown sighting in Spartanburg, standing in backyard

There has been another clown sighting. This time in Spartanburg.

Police responded to a suspicious person call last night around 10:25 at Canaan Pointe Apartments.

The caller said the person was dressed as a clown and was standing in her backyard.

She said she took a picture of the clown and he ran away.

Police say the photo was too dark to make out an image.

Police weren’t able to find the clown.
http://wspa.com/2016/09/01/new-clown...n-spartanburg/

Edit: Per Twitter, a rumored photo of some of the clowns:

Last edited by MichaelMyers; 09-01-2016 at 02:47 PM.