View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Yes there was a season of American Horror Story called coven about a coven of witches and as a matter of fact, the season that is about to end next week features most of the characters from that same season.

the craft was mentioned already but I love that movie. I love Fairuza Balk. She is such a sweetheart in real life and actually practices witchcraft.

Lords of Salem is another good one. A lot of people didn't like it because it wasn't the usual Rob Zombie Trailer Trash say God damn or motherfuker every other word movie like all of his others. It's actually a very depressing and draining movie to watch but it is also wonderfully told about the coming of the Antichrist.
The Craft is one of my favorites too! I loved all four of the female characters because they felt like real people dealing with real problems we can all relate to. Things like low self esteem, poverty, childhood abuse, racism, self-loathing, feelings of suicide, etc. Also as witches they weren't evil even though three of the four girls started taking things too far when the one girl went mad with power and started killing people.

I also felt like this movie was more true to what real witchcraft is all about compared to other movies that always portray witches as satan worshippers. Witches don't worship satan, they worship nature and they believe that every deity in every religion is really the same being just like how Nancy explained to Sarah that God and The Devil are basically like two sides of the same coin. Also the store lady explained The Rule of Three that wiccans believe in which basically works like karma.

Anyways it really was a beautiful movie.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 11-09-2018 at 08:01 AM.