View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 04:00 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
I saw Bram Stoker's Dracula on cable last night. Depending on the policy of the particular channel, you get either the scene with bare breasts on the vampires or the scene with the breasts decently covered up. I guess Coppola shot two versions the scene, because he expected to be able to show the movie on tv.

Hey! this program put a red line underneath it when I typed TV lower case. In my day, both versions were correct.

Now, I saw Bram Stoker's Dracula in the movie theater when it first came out, and I noticed lots of families with small children in the audience. I thought "Apparently, they don't know what an R rating means, or they don't mind their kids seeing nudity and tons of gore."

Hee hee! When the movie came out, some reviewers gushed over how faithful it was to the book, showing that they had not read the book.

Modern keyboards are too damn crowded in the upper right hand corner! When I try to hit the backspace key, I get ====.
That would be weird to take young kids to see that.

I never read the book, and just assumed the Coppola film was close to the book. How was the film different than the book?