View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Evil Dead

Some really good titles here, especially BLACK SABBATH, NIGHT OF THE DEMON, THE HAUNTING (1963-not the remake), ONIBABA and especially the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD-still can give me the heebie jeebies although I've probably seen it 45 times or so.
Some other titles that still creep me out although I've seen them numerous times...
FRIDAY, THE 13th (1980)-Sure it's silly and cheap, but I saw this right before I graduated and it scared the shit out of me, especially when Betsy Palmer is "conversing" with Jason and smiling when she finds Alice's hiding place. When I finally met here at a convention, amazed at how little and sweet she was.
DELIVERANCE (1972)-Many people probably don't consider this a horror film, but I sure do. "That scene" gave me nightmares for years and a perfect example of how vulnerable we can be.
EYES WITHOUT A FACE (1959-may have been mentioned)-Despite the corny musical score (at least on my disc), found this way creepy, especially the audacity of the operation.
CAPE FEAR (1962)-Again, not a horror film per se, but how frightening it would be to be in Gregory Peck's position. Avoid the awful Scorcese remake .
STRAW DOGS (1971)-When I watched the limp THE STRANGERS, I thought a lot of this .