View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
GOD I'm bored. I had what I thought was a promising interview with a company on Monday - I should be hearing back sometime today re "next steps" - We'll see how it goes. I've been teetering between depressed, anxious, and just barely OK lately... I should be thankful that at least I have a job (even if it does bore me to tears).

Last night I couldn't sleep. I had this great idea for a story or novel but writing it down just seems so incredibly daunting - I wish there were a plug in the base of my skull that I could slip into the USB port of my computer and transfer my thoughts directly...

I think about that a lot, actually; the idea of having a feed through the base of your skull that you could connect to others' skull so that you could communicate without talking; I wish I could do that when I'm too tired to speak but awake enough to want to still connect with my hubby... I could connect the cord between our brains and push him warmth and love as I drift off to sleep...

My hubby is a transhumanist who believes in The Singularity (f that stupid Johnny Depp movie, btw)... I suppose this is along the same lines, but if your mind is joined with someone else's, how do you control what is transmitted between the two? Maybe I don't want to share everything with everyone who's uploaded into the same machine...

I hope things go the way you want as far as your new job opportunities. For the little time I have been with the forum, you come across as a lovely young lady..always cheering people on! My special little demon is anxiety so I hear you as far as that goes..