Thread: Hello says I
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festered View Post
"You like Hershel Gordon Lewis, eh? How do you feel about the Wizard of Gore remake?" - ChronoGrl

Not too enthused, especially after 2001 Maniacs a few years ago. Haven't seen it yet, but will probably catch it only because of Brad Dourif and Glover. Unfortunately, if Lewis remade his own stuff, it probably wouldn't be as good either, as he's been out of the game for a long time, and also has his mail-order king rep to worry about. Plus, even if he tried to make one like he used to, it wouldn't get released without a gazillion edits....just to get an "R". His stuff needs to get remade in Europe, although I've never really heard of a foreign director championing his work.
I haven't seen the original Wizard of Gore yet. :o The boyfriend and I just picked it up from Netflix (I LOVED the remake so I figured after that I really needed to see the inspiration and identify which elements came from the original and which were extrapolated by Jeremy Kasten). I really enjoyed it, but I'm curious what Fans of the Original think in situations like this (ie I HATED Rob Zombie's Halloween because there was no reason that John Carpenter's masterpiece had to be remade... But I know that a LOT of people around here like Zombie's version).

What's your favorite HGL movie? The only one that my boyfriend owns is Blood Feast, which I've been meaning to check out...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!