View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 10:39 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
We watched The WOLF MAN as well than put in FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN (1943) which, for my money, one of the better Universals from that time. Really like the title sequence with the test tubes, one of the best opening scenes in any film, good cast and of course, "The Battle of the Century" towards the end. Lon JR is really good as WM and while the jury is still out on Bela as the Monster, think it would have played better had the original script been left alone with its references from GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN to explain while the Monster acts as he does. ***1/2
I love the original song in FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE WOLFMAN, that occurs during the feast, so good! Plus, excellent delivery of a bizarre sentiment from Lon, 'Stop that! Why did you say that! Don't wish me long life!'.

As a kid, it took awhile before I was able to see Frank Meets Wolf. And I was old enough, and young enough, that I was expecting a much better and decisive fight, even multiple fights. So if you're 'waiting' for that, you probably won't soak in the lead up like a rich warm bath.

Watching as an adult not long ago, I appreciated it much more. I still don't think it's one of the better ones, partly because I think it's rather silly and bit aimless, but Lon delivers, and there's some solid craftsmanship.