View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 06:56 PM
ventricle

Ready Player One (2018)
9/10

Quote:
The story, set in a dystopian 2040s, follows protagonist Wade Watts on his search for an Easter egg in a worldwide virtual reality game, the discovery of which will lead him to inherit the game creator's fortune.
Excellent film. Lots of fun. Has plenty of action, cool special effects, as well as tons of references to pop culture going way back, let's just say to the 1980's especially, including a very funny long sequence involving The Shinging (1980), but well grounded into the story and characters. Well directed by Steven Spielberg. Based on a 2011 novel by Ernest Cline.

The Collector (2009)
4/10

A victim who escaped the clutches of a serial killer agrees to help mercenaries recover a women who has been kidnapped by the same serial killer. The serial killer must be rich like Batman, because, his hideout is huge, and he has tons of expensive equipment, and about 50 live victims and hundreds of dead ones. I know, it sounds like a good premise, but it's totally hack.

I often like to say... if the viewer of the film "The Collector" has never seen a movie before, or hasn't seen a lot of horror films, they would probably appreciate it more than me. This film has a budget, but not the remotest hint of something new. It's totally hack. Hack can be done well, however, but I certainly wouldn't say this was done well, it's merely competent. It was hard to watch the entire film, but it did manage to keep me curious, but not in an enjoyable way.

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-18-2018 at 07:11 PM.