View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 08:54 PM
Nightmare of Derry

MMMMkay, well honestly, I really enjoy the 2017-18 remake of IT. However, the 1990 one, while it didn't age well, certainly still holds charm for me.

It's hard to pick a favourite because like most of King's works, they tend to have that adaptation curse. That and/or they just....end...weird. King is weird, I love that crazy cranked out bastard. But, hey, I think it would be a decent tie-up for me to say Pet Semetary, Misery, IT, and The Green Mile.

Honourable mention is of course Maximum Overdrive because it's a great drunk/high movie. I mean, who could honestly take that shit seriously because you know like hell that King didn't. He has fun with his stuff, and I think that's great. However, I just cannot get on board with Dreamcatcher (evil ass-eating toilet aliens), Langoliers and the testicles with teeth, or Tommyknockers, which with an interesting concept had that nice King acid trip with it and it ended up just making it hilariously awful.

I semi-recently read Revival and if done right, that could be a very compelling movie.

Last edited by Freddywise; 10-08-2019 at 08:57 PM.