View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 04:08 PM
Living Dead

I agree with the idea that this is not done much because it would be "going too far", but I think there is another big reason. The kids dying aren't really dying. In other words, they are played by actors and...basically,.. if you want to show a little kid getting killed in a movie, you've got to get an actual little kid to act out the scene, get fake stabbed, fake cut-to-pieces, covered in fake blood, etc. and they may or may not be really mature enough to handle that.

-SPOILER- [recent IT movie] -- (highlight invisible/white text below...or if there is an actual spoiler tag I just don't see...please show me where/how to use it)-

Of course, if you've seen the recent adaptation of Stephen King's "It", Bill's little brother actually does act out some -him getting killed and maimed- scenes so...He does a great and very realistic job, but who knows what it might to do a small child psychologically to have the idea of having you're arm ripped off introduced to his field of possible things that could happen. Truth be told, though, I was hoping that they would show it this time, since they didn't show it in the made-for-tv movie version.

I'm not sure this is actually true or not, but I did hear once, that the little girl in the later Halloween movies (parts 4 and 5) who started out in the movies at maybe the age of 6 was so messed up by being in those movies that she started seeing, Michael Myers, everywhere and eventually was so freaked out that she locked herself in her home. She wasn't killed in the movies, but she was sure around some gruesome stuff in those films.

Heck, even that one filmmaker contest show that they had on tv a while back (don't remember the name, but Carrie Fisher was one of the judges) had this one guy who filmed this short film for the contest and he used identical twin boys to play one character. The character dies (or is already dead) in the film, and he had one of them lie in a coffin in one scene. The kid who was supposed to do it was terrified of lying in the coffin and I think they had to promise him something to finally get him to do it.

Last edited by The Shroud; 12-19-2017 at 05:12 PM.