View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 09:50 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raos View Post
Nightmare on Elm St is on our list, but neither of us think that will scare her at all. It was the original Halloween that we watched. She enjoyed the movie, but on a scale of 1-10 she has yet to see a movie that even rates a 1.
Well perhaps you should do this. Watch them separately. So if neither of you have seen Nightmare on Elm Street. Watch alone. Hopefully at night, in the dark, and with a good speakers to help.

The original Nightmare on Elm Street scared me and I probably watched it uncut on TV. But I was young. Somewhere around your daughter's age. Maybe a bit younger. It was at night, the movie probably started around 11 or midnight. After seeing it, I had to go the bathroom yet didn't want to leave my bed or even my room. And I really didn't want to go to sleep.

Sinister works too. But I had a few drinks with that one. Just like the character in the movie. I don't want to spoil it but I mentioned that one for a reason which you'll see after seeing the movie.

Halloween also scared me. Again I was young. Probably around the age of the kids in the movie or a bit older. I know I thought Jamie Lee Curtis was the best babysitter. And at the end of the movie, the idea that this guy was actually the boogeyman and still alive out there somewhere was scary.

Also, I made this topic a while back which might help.

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61397