View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 11:31 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
B.

Slightly further out of the box then many of your previous entries. The one thing I feel is weak about this and keeps it from getting greater applause than prior entries is that the story is explained too much. There's an imposed narrativity that isn't necessary. A great deal of what goes on in Carnival of Souls is of a poetic nature and putting this into a traditional narrative context where you have an investigation instead of a character existing in a state of mortal terror and confusion, which is much scarier.
:rolleyes:

I get what you're saying and tend to agree with you, but I believe that a strong narrative is popular with American audiences - Think about how successful The Ring remake was. There's nothing wrong with keeping $$$$$ in mind when proposing a script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Verdict & Overall Grade for Chronogrl updated.

The next Test will be up within the next 24 hours. Be prepared, all contestants.
Fantastic - I don't have time off this week so I'll otherwise be in the office twiddling my thumbs... Should keep me busy (and look like I'm doing something productive to the other poor sods that will be in here with me. ;)).

Join my Facebook Horror Group!