View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 01:58 PM
No charge for awesomeness

George A. Romero's Land of the Dead

Well I decided that since it's officially here... Land of the Dead deserved it's own thread in the Moder Horror Section now. And since I went and saw the earliest possible showing of it, I may as well be the one to do it....

CAUTION ---- LOTD discussion ahead!!! If you haven't seen it and don't want to know about it, don't continue reading!!!

So........... What did everyone think?

Personally, I went in not to high on the idea of the zombies evolving and I left sort of feeling the same way. Romero made another kickass zombie film but I didn't think it was anywhere near as groundbreaking as Night or Dawn. Of course those are very hard to match, and it was still a pretty kick ass film in it's own right. I'll have to watch a couple more times before developing anything more solid than this opinion...

It was good, but not as great as I was hoping. I'd give it a B+.

For reference, I'd give Night an A+, Dawn an A+, and Day an A-, so it was my least favorite of his Dead Series (Hey! It's not a trilogy any more!) but still definately worth seeing/renting/owning!

Something about the main zombie's (The big black bald guy) facial makeup never really quite looked right to me and that sort of bothered me too.