View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Windmill Massacre (2016)

>>: C

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
Not horror's but:

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - I really liked this film, Sam Neill has always been a favourite of mine and I loved his grumpy old bushman character. Great performances across the board and quality storytelling (even if it does get silly in places). Highly recommended.

Swiss Army Man - Not sure how I feel about this one, I nearly gave up after half an hour but persevered (glad I did in hindsight). Definitely original and two very watchable performances from Daniel Radcliffe and Paul Dano but in the end I just didn't get what it was trying to say. Think Cast Away meets Weekend at Bernies but on a shitlload of drugs and you're halfway there.
Hunt for the Wilderpeople is an absolute gem of a coming-of-age adventure-comdedy, IMO! Loved it too. Taika Waititi is becoming a director to watch out for in coming days...very much looking forward to see how much fun & exciting THOR: RAGNAROK would be in his hands.

Haven't seen S.A.M yet but I've also heard about its ambiguous ending and that farting corpse thing