View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

100. Perfect Blue (1996)

Surreal little anime movie. If you like a mind-fuck, you're going to dig this. Beautifully animated story about a retired pop singer with an obsessed fan. I was blown away the first time I saw it. If you're a fan of horror or anime, do yourself a favor. Watch it. - The Flayed One

99. Opera (Dario Argentos Opera)

An overlooked giallo styled reworking of Phantom of the Opera from one of the genre’s hugely influential auteurs Dario Argento.
This flick is quite possibly Argentos finest work because it’s more coherent than a lot of his previous films while still retaining his trademark staged murder scenes.
This time round Argento ups the savagery of his previous vehicles and throws the viewer into a deeply unsettling experience that leaves many indelible images of helplessness and terror.
Needles taped to eyelids leaving no option for the young starlet protagonist but to witness the butchery dealt out to the victims by the hand of the “Phantom”. A truly villainous headfuck by one of the genre’s most sadistic protagonists. Stabbed hands, ex-wives prying eyes blown away, scissor driven interrogation and disembowelment sound tracked by Italian thrash metal legends Steel Grave all add to an effectively disturbing atmosphere.
This flick is gold and is a fantastic reinvention of old subject matter (including Argentos) that spews intensity. - Elvis_Christ

98. The Serpent and the Rainbow

One of Craven's most effective films, The Serpent and the Rainbow touches on many issues that few horror films have: life in Haiti under the regime of "Baby Doc" Duvalier, ruthless drug companies, and of course, voodoo. Bill Pullman does some of his best work in this film as the scientist sent to investigate the "zombie powder." The mood of the film has a strange fairy-tale quality that slowly and nearly imperceptibly shifts to horror and outright madness. An underappreciated gem that every horror fan owes to themself to see at least once. - noctuary

97. Silver Bullet

Ahh, a Stephen King great. One of his best, in my humble opinion. A crippled boy, who has the unfortunate luck of having Gary Busey as an uncle, gets the gift of a wheelchair named 'The Silver Bullet'. Blending comedy with horror, Silver Bullet gave a much needed boost to the werewolf genre at the time. It offered comedy, decent acting, good F/X and a creepy scene or two into a time when the franchise slasher villain ruled the world. - The Flayed One

96. Scanners

One of the better b-horror movies..people with extraordinary psychic powers ..Cronenberg at his best - slasherman

Last edited by _____V_____; 04-12-2014 at 10:22 AM.