View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
To an extent, I get what you guys are saying, but I have to say that spoofs do not really take away from films I have already seen. In my opinion, if something is scary then it is scary. No amount of parody will make it not scary. At least that is the way I feel about it.
I agree with you completely. I've seen pretty much all the parodies done on horror movies and it still doesn't ruin it for me! When I watch a well done movie, like Sinister, I really 'get' into it. I like the feeling of being creeped out!! The Shining still has the creep factor for me and it always will. I think the part that always got me, was the ending. The look on his face, it sticks in you mind for a long time.

Movies that creeped me out years ago that I laugh at now: A Nightmare on Elm Street, Poltergeist, Child's Play, Puppet Master, and The Howling. There's probably some more that I can't remember right now.