View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Resident Bass Player

The only movies that scared me were some of those B&W horror movies like Monolith Monsters or Island of Terror (66') when I first saw a guys hand get cut off - back when I was a kid (key element).

Some of the 70's movies like The Omen, Phantasm or The Hills Have Eyes creeped me out at the time, and I still like them, but over time they just aren't shocking to me anymore, but I wouldn't say they are funny ... just dated.

There was a movie called Bad Taste (Wingnut Productions [NZ]) back in the 80's that was rather humorous, and a total barf fest as well. I remember the main character fell down a cliff, and bashed his head open, and throughout the movie he had to keep stuffing his brains back into his head and used a belt to hold it in place. Later - there's a part where the aliens all puck in a bowl - then pass it around for all to drink ... the sound effects of the barfing & slurping were over the top.

Dead Alive (also Wingnut Productions [NZ]) was one of the few more recent movies that grossed me out, but turned just plain silly to me later on.
It's still a load of fun to watch from time to time.