View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 11:53 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Wasn't there a vampire movie called "Innocent Blood"? I've never seen it but I'm guessing it's about a vampire who can only drink the blood of bad people.
I haven't heard of Innocent Blood. Interesting concept. Hopefully for the vampire they can just spit it out, cause otherwise that would be russian roulette.

Reading up on Innocent Blood, I see it's a 1992 John Landis film (of American Werewolf in London fame), where a lady vampire in Pittsburgh kills mobsters and makes it look like gang killings. Pretty bad reviews.

I remember reading a comicbook about a vampire that only drank from donated blood, and was researching for a cure. Much, much later I finally watched House of Dracula (1945). I always thought it was a fascinating concept.

Quote:
Count Dracula (Carradine) arrives at the castle home of Dr. Franz Edlemann (Onslow Stevens). The Count, who introduces himself as "Baron Latos", explains that he has come to Visaria to find a cure for his vampirism. Dr. Edlemann agrees to help. Together with his assistants, Milizia (Martha O'Driscoll) and the hunchbacked Nina (Jane Adams), he has been working on a mysterious plant, the clavaria formosa, whose spores have the ability to reshape bone. Edlemann explains that he thinks vampirism can be cured by a series of blood transfusions. Dracula agrees to this, and Edlemann uses his own blood for the transfusions. Dracula has his coffin placed in the castle basement.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-15-2018 at 12:01 PM.