Thread: Doctors Suck
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 05:12 AM
Jaded

Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it.

I know there’s still good doctors out there, but yes, they are very hard to find. I grew up in the 70’s and doctors back then were much more personal and thorough. So that’s probably part of it, I wish health care was like it used to be.

I think another part of what I’m having trouble with is the whole aging parent thing. My dad used to be so strong and intelligent, actually he was kind of a prick while I was growing up. But now he’s this frail old man that needs help. Also he got very used to my mom being there and taking care of him and everything, and now that she’s gone, he wants my brother and I to take over. But a lot of things he could do for himself, but doesn’t want to. Like cleaning his bathroom and vacuuming and stuff like that. He just doesn’t want to do it. I don’t even want to bring my dog to visit cuz I’ve seen pills that he’s dropped on the floor and if my little dog ate one, it could make him very sick or kill him. And my brother and I have our lives too and shouldn’t have to do menial chores like that for him. So that’s been bugging me for a long time. But now, this whole kidney thing has happened and I feel guilty for every nasty thought or word I’ve ever had about him. And I’m so scared he’s gonna die, which I know is gonna happen some day, but it’s still very scary.

But, when I see him, I put on a happy face and am nothing but supportive to him. Right now, encouragement is what he needs to get through this.

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me