Thread: Lead Singers
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by virus five
I think the best voice in modern rock today belongs to Chris Cornell.
like 10 years ago maybe. he kind of sucks now. i hate audioslave. i like old sound garden. one day i just woke up and i said, "wow, suddenly music sucks, what used to be good has declined". so i expanded, i started listening to rap. then the greats, and everyone tried to steal their sound. now everything sounds the same. you turn on the radio and we are in a new era of disco, all this top 40 emo pop (wahhhh my girlfriend left me) crap... even chris cornell doesn't carry the emotion he used to.

but somewhere underneath all the crap there are some good original singers. some good lyrics. some good musicians. they're just the ones you don't see on tv. or hear on the radio. they're the ones who don't need a suit to tell them how to dress, what to sing, who to date. the record industry is almost as corrupt as the american legal system.

oh yeah, singers. garm from ulver. hands down, the best musician of the century. if you doubt this we will have to have a battle to the death with maces. on an ice bridge. barefoot.
while people throw thumbtacks at us. and no matter who wins, garm will still be the best. the man is a musical genius. he went from straight black metal to improv ambient... and in everything his voice is amazing. the music is flawless and everything on his record label owns! check out www.jester.no listen to ulver or be the stereotypical american with no taste in music! bwahahahaha

(i,zombie would like to appologize to any short tempered stereotypical americans who really do like all that top 40 crap, but not to peoplle who like emo, I,zombie says "friends don't let ffriends listen to emo... and live". thank you, THAT IS ALL!)

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca